Thursday, May 20, 2010

Just can't seem to get it done

For some reason I just can't seem to keep up on this blogging thing. It could be because Munchkin is so big now that he needs someone to play with him. Maybe it is because he is so verbal now that he tells me to "stop playing on the computer", or "stop washing the dishes" and tells me to "come over here and sit down!"

Most days I don't even turn the computer on anymore. I have pictures and videos of Munchkin piling up that I need to get on here, but how am I supposed to do that when I don't even check my email every day!

I really am going to start putting more effort into it. I have to go back to why I started blogging in the first place. I want this blog to be a place where Munchkin to come to years from now and see how God has blessed his life so abundantly every day. I want it to be used to teach him what is really important in life and a place he can fondly remember his growing up years.

I had a birthday this week and on that day I really missed my Grandma Brandfield. I missed getting a card from her in the mail and getting my birthday phone call. Grandma was another huge reason I started my blog. She journaled every day. I loved that about her.

These roses remind me of her.

We have rose bushes planted right outside our dining room windows. Grandma always had roses and would frequently have some in a small vase in the house. I love that Hubby picks our roses for me and puts them in a small vase. It brightens my day and reminds me of Grandma.

------------------------------------

I had MOPS Bible study on my birthday and when I got home this is what my driveway looked like. Sorry I didn't get it all in one picture.









I called Brandi (Mason's mom) and sure enough, she, Mason and the two girls she watches during the day decorated the driveway for me! I loved it!
Even though Grandma may not be around to wish me Happy Birthday I still have so many people in my life who spoil me!


2 comments:

  1. Your roses are beautiful! I am still waiting for mine to bloom!! ALWAYS reminds of Grandma too! Can't wait to see you Saturday! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday Michelle! I am really sorry that I never got you called, texted or a card...life is crazy for me right now. I love you and I miss you dearly! I promise I didn't forget you...didn't get Gma Helene called either. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete