Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A boy and his tractors

A major part of the reason we moved back to Smalltownsville was for the boys to be closer to their grandparents. Hubby and I both grew up with our grandparents living close to us. We wouldn't trade that special blessing for anything in the world. We both will tell you that our grandparents played and huge part in shaping us into the people we are today. The morals and values they helped teach and instill in us are becoming more and more rare these days.

Big hasn't had school due to snow the past two days. When it snows, Hubby's dad, a farmer, is found throughout the countryside with his tractor and blades helping people dig out. He ended up driving to town today to see if Big would be interested in going to get the tractor with him so he could dig us out. Big jumped at the chance.

So, he rode out to the farm with Grandpa and got the tractor and rode into to town. I got pictures of the two of them in the tractor in our driveway (I seriously absolutely need to find the camera cord) and it was so precious. As I watched them out the window, I felt confirmed, once again, that we made the right decision to leave the city and come back home. I also chuckled to myself as I thought how this would never happen in the city. Don't get my wrong, our neighbors and friends were wonderful and would help us out in a heartbeat - and they did. But no one in the city uses a tractor that big.

Thankfully Little was napping while all of this was going on, or he would have been going ballistic to be able to ride in the tractor.

What is it about boys and tractors? Kind of like boys and superheroes I suppose. A girl will just never understand.

At least not this girl. I just go with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment