Monday, February 3, 2014

Winging it

Most of the time I feel like I'm winging it as a mother, especially as one that stays at home. My guess is most mothers feel this at least some point in their lives, regardless if they stay home full time or not.

My mom didn't stay at home with us, so I don't know what this is supposed to look like. I'm a visual learner. I need to see it to understand it. Although I suppose it doesn't really matter if my mom stayed at home or not. Even if she did, that doesn't necessarily mean I'd know what to do, but at least I'd have some frame of reference.

I've been in somewhat of a funk lately. Maybe it's the fact that Big is now is school full time. Maybe it's because I don't have a baby in the house.

But today it came to me.

It's simple really. My lines are blurred. This is my "career" and that confuses me. When I was a teacher, I had "work" time and "home" time. What's confusing for me is how to structure and balance my time.

I think I'll go contemplate that as I bake some banana bread. Or fold laundry. Or play with Little. Or vacuum. Or do a craft with Little. Or catch up on emails.

Wait. What?!?

Exactly my point.


No comments:

Post a Comment