Thursday, November 12, 2009

And today...

Munchkin woke up with no fever! In fact, he had no fever all day. Here's praying that he is completely healed. A few times today he did say his mouth hurt, and he was chewing on things quite a bit. I tried to feel around in his mouth, but nothing felt swollen. He isn't acting like he has a sore throat - he is eating and drinking fine. Maybe his two year molars are starting to give him trouble. Hmmm....if only he could tell us exactly what was going on.

I do know however that he has to be a sore little guy tonight. He is all boy and is turning into quite the daredevil and is starting to injure himself. His new favorite thing is to get off the couch by going head first. He doesn't hurt himself when he does this, but this morning he thought it would be fun to go off Mommy and Daddy's bed head first. Our bed is quite a bit higher off the ground than the couch. His little face got carpet burn.

Soon after that, he was trying to turn Hubby's radio on (which is on the nightstand) and hit the side of his face with the corner of the nightstand.

Then, while I was trying to sort laundry today he was playing on our bed again and covering himself with the clothes. We had music playing so all at once he got up, started dancing, and fell and hit Hubby's nightstand with his face.

Later, he ran into his bathroom (I usually keep his bathroom door shut, but I was putting toys away at the time and he has bath toys strung all throughout the house so I had the door open to put them where they belong.) and I immediately heard crying. He was in the bathtub holding his elbow. I can only assume he fell into the tub.

Awhile after that he and I were going downstairs and my arms were full so I told him he would have to go down the stairs by himself. He does this every day by safely going down on his tummy (feet first) or on his bottom, so I didn't think it would be a problem. Little did I know that he now thinks he is a big boy and can walk down the stairs. Yep, he totally fell down the stairs. Good grief!

I know this probably makes me sound like a horrible mother who is never monitoring her child. Believe me, I could go on and on about the things I caught him doing and was able to prevent him from hurting himself. For example, he was trying to stand on a little table in his room that holds his CD player. I also caught him trying to get off our couch via the armrest. He also attempted to climb up onto our china hutch from a chair. Tonight while I vacuumed the dining room, I had the dining room chairs lined up in the kitchen. Munchkin was attempting to climb onto the counter, into the sink and over the back of one chair into the seat of another chair all within a 30 second period of time.

So as you can see, Munchkin is feeling much better! But he is probably a little sore.

No comments:

Post a Comment