Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Eve

Today I am thankful for my ordinary life. I get to stay at home every day with my Munchkin while Hubby goes off to do a job he loves. My days consist of cooking, playing, doing dishes, cleaning, laundry, reading books, changing diapers, dancing, wrestling, exploring outside, capturing bugs (for fun...oh how my life has changed), coloring, and building with blocks.

When people ask me "What's new?" my answer is usually "nothing." Don't get me wrong, Munchkin is learning, growing, and changing every day, but really, nothing in my life changes much. And for that, I'm thankful. Granted, sometimes I would like some change - a chance to get away from my every day routine. Even just a chance to get out of the house is as appealing as a Hawaiin vacation! But pretty much, my life is constant.

I feel like I should be knocking on wood or something. Now that I've written about how my life is the same every day I can just feel it- something is going to happen and cause upheaval. Well, even if it does this thing will remain the same: my God is who He says he is and always will be. And for that, I'm especially thankful.

1 comment: