Tuesday, October 20, 2009

He makes me lie down in green pastures

Well sleep has still been a big issue for us. It really has been a challenge, but I know God is teaching me a lot through this. For instance, He has taught me that I still worry about a lot of things. I mean, as soon as I wake up I start thinking about nap time and wonder how it is going to go, and get anxious about it. God doesn't want me to live like that. I need to give it over to Him and let Him be in control. Worrying about it takes away time from Munchkin and being able to enjoy him.

God has also confirmed that I am not ready to have a second child yet. I didn't think I was, but now I know I am not. I have too many things to learn before I will be able to be a good mommy to two children. Will I ever be completely ready? Heck no! That's the thing about parenting, you learn it by doing it. But God has told me that He has some more molding He needs to do before #2 comes along. And I have to admit, I'm pretty relieved!

I am also learning to pick my battles with Munchkin. Right now we are moving his naps to later in the day (ok, this is only the second day I've done that) but so far it is working. There is definitely less of a struggle. I'm doing my best to be flexible with him.

I certainly still need your prayers on the issue. Because it is certainly still an issue. I know that like most everything else, this is just a stage. We'll figure it out, move on, and then another difficult stage will hit. Who made up these rules anyway???? Obviously someone without any children. Kind of like all the non-teacher politicians pretending they know something about educating children and deciding that No Child Left Behind is a good idea. But don't get me started on that soap box.

On a lighter note, we currently have carpet samples at our house. Munchkin has discovered they make great pastures for his animals. If you look closely you will see that dinosaurs, tigers, and farm animals live in harmony in Munchkinland.



1 comment:

  1. I love the pics! Thanks for having breakfast with me this morning! Loved spending time wiht you both!! XO

    ReplyDelete