Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My Child's Not Perfect

My child is certainly not perfect, but there are those moments when you couldn't be prouder of them. There are those moments when all your hard work of trying to teach them how to behave pay off. There are those moments when you think you may not be doing such a bad job as a parent afterall. Yesterday, I had one of those moments.

I had Bible Study at church yesterday morning, so Munchkin went to the nursery. When I picked him up, the nursery workers told me how sweet he is. They told me how he gets along with the other kids so well. They explained how he was a big helper. One even described him as a little mother hen because when other children get upset he goes over and tries to comfort them. I was so proud when I heard these things that I knew as soon as we got home, I was going to call Hubby and let him know what a good boy his son was. And then we started to leave church...

Munchkin didn't want to leave so he started running away from me into the sanctuary while yelling, "NO NO NO!" I picked him up and we walked out the door. While he continued to yell "NO!" he proceeded to thrash around and wiggle so that I had to let him down so I wouldn't drop him on the sidewalk. Munchkin then refused to hold my hand and would run away from me if I tried to get even remotely close to him. Finally I picked him up, got a better grip on him, and carried him to the car while he continued to thrash and yell.

Nope, my child not's perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment