Friday, December 18, 2009

Mannheim Steamroller

Yesterday was a busy day. My mom came down to finish her Christmas shopping. I had a MOPS table leader Christmas party in the morning, so mom came and watched Munchkin for a couple of hours. They had lots of fun and it was nice for me to get out of the house by myself since I haven't been able to with Munchkin being sick.

After my mom left, Munchkin and I played. I got so distracted that I totally forgot to do laundry yesterday!! How could I have forgotten? Laundry day is always Thursday. So I'm doing it today and I just noticed I may not have enough laundry detergent to get all my loads done. I would just run out and get more, but Hubby has the car with the carseat today. Munchkin and I are stuck. I'll really be thrown off if I don't finish my laundry until Saturday. I am such a creature of habit it is ridiculous.

So what did I do yesterday instead of laundry? Well besides playing with the little guy I took a nap! A wonderful hour and a half nap. Ahhhh. I woke up 5 minutes before I was supposed to leave to go out to dinner with my sister, mom, and SIL*. My mom's birthday is in September, and she loves Mannheim Steamroller, so we bought her tickets to their Christmas concert which was last night. We met and ate at Zio's (yummy!) and then went to the concert. It was fabulous! I've always loved their music, but seeing them in person is a totally different experience. I think we need to make it a new tradition in our family to go see them every Christmas!

*sister-in-law

Last night really put me in the mood for Christmas. All I have left to do is wrap a few presents and then I'm officially ready. This morning for breakfast we had cinnamon toast and oranges. The house totally smelled like Christmas. There's just something about the smell of cinnamon and oranges that brings up feelings of the holiday.

Tomorrow we may take Munchkin to go see Santa. I haven't decided. He would probably love it...from a distance! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment