Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Small "Helpers" make for Small Victories

I was trying to get my dishes washed and kitchen cleaned up this afternoon after lunch. As I was working at the sink, I had to stop and record this "conversation" with Munchkin.

K: "What's that Munchkin? Why yes, how did you know Mommy wanted you to take all the tupperware out of the cupboards? Oh, and thank you so much for taking each individual trash bag out of the box."
K: "Now Munchkin, you just are so helpful. How did you know Mommy needed some towels? Thank you so much for taking them all out of the drawer and putting them on the floor."

K: "Munchkin that is a great idea! I can't believe you thought of pulling apart a pad of sticky notes and putting the individual papers in the drawer. You are such an organizer!" :)


Friends, this is what my kitchen looked like after I got the dishes washed. It really isn't too bad. Believe me, Munchkin has "organized" much better than this for me before.
But hey, I still count this one as a victory. I did get my dishes washed which was my original goal. It may appear to be only a small victory considering, you know, what my kitchen looked like afterward - but small victories are what being a mother is all about!

1 comment:

  1. that's awesome and so funny. welcome to toddlerhood! hehe!

    ReplyDelete