Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Teacher Friends

I know I said awhile ago that I would write about my teacher friends - so here it goes. My teacher frieds: Abby, AC, and Pete - these are some of my best friends ever! I met all these girls when I went to college at William Jewell. We call ourselves "teacher friends" because when we became friends we were all education majors. Now we're all teachers. Well, I guess not technically now that I'm staying home.

Anywho these are some of the most incredible godly women I know. Without a doubt I know God sent me to Jewell to meet these girls (and my other amazing friends from Jewell - and you better know who you are!) . Honestly, I could have gotten an education degree from anywhere, but I couldn't have made the friendships I did just anywhere.

We teacher friends have been there for each other since the beginning: surviving early morning classes, unbelievable assignments, talking each other into staying in education, sharing our faiths , living together, meeting each others' families, surprise birthday breakfasts, sharing engagements, surprise showers, weddings, graduating together, going on to grad school together, and even now all loving Munchkin. We're pretty much inseperable. Believe me, Hubby knows, and Pete's hubby knows, not to get in the way of teacher friend time!

We are all so different, and yet relate to each other in incredible ways. And the reason we are able to relate so incredibly is because of our individual relationships with Christ. I know they are always there praying for me, sending me encouragement, and just loving me like Jesus. I feel totally blessed to have them in my life. What a gift! I know that not everyone has these kinds of friends in their life, and I know they truly will be friends for life. But not just friends, kindred spirits. Walking on our faith paths together. And I'm so excited to know that not only are they my earthly friends, but we will be friends for eternity.

I love you girls!

1 comment:

  1. and to think, how guilty & mean I felt by making you stay at jewell those first couple of months! XO

    ReplyDelete