Sunday, December 29, 2013

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

We celebrated our fourth and final Christmas today. Although the past week has been crazy busy, it was incredibly nice to come home to our own house every night and sleep in our own beds. Amen.

So, rather than sitting on my bum tonight, I'm working on taking down our Christmas tree. Well, sort of more like just taking the ornaments off. The Christmas decorations boxes are in the man cave taking up space. I'm putting everything away except for the actual tree so we can move the boxes down to the basement for storage. Hubby is working really hard to get the man cave set up. It has been the main holding area for unpacked boxes.

I would take the tree down entirely, but since Christmas was put on the back burner this year, I  decided to leave it up with just the simple white lights for awhile. Who knows how long it will stay up. I know Christmas is barely over, but that's how I roll. I don't like clutter. I usually wait until after New Year's, as in January 1st, to put away all our Christmas stuff. I just like things put away. So sue me!

Well, I better get off my tush and get back to work. Hubby just came down from putting the boys to bed...I better go look busy.

P.S. Big cried before bed tonight because he misses his friends. Talk about breaking a Momma's heart!

P.P.S. Little has decided he likes to climb out of his crib. Heaven help us. I'll never sleep peacefully again. Ok, I know I will (I hope) but his bedroom is right at the top of the stairs. My logical Mommy brain tells me he'll fall down the stairs when he comes out of his room. He's the early riser, remember, so it is always pitch black in our house when he wakes. Time to come up with a game plan. Suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment