Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Firsts

We have been busy, busy since my last post. Everything is moved out of our old house, and we closed on it. Boy, did it look and feel good having a 'sold' sign out front and knowing that part of this crazy process is over!

Then, we officially moved in with my parents. Things have been going well and they have been very accommodating. We're so grateful to have a place to stay. What a blessing!

I've had the joy of experiencing some firsts since being back in Smalltownsville. I took my first trip to the local HyVee. There is a whole six aisles! And I'm talking small aisles, not as long as as the aisles in the city. In all honesty, I won't do the majority of my shopping there, I've heard I need to travel a bit to get good produce and meat, but it is nice to have a place close to get the essentials - especially when you get Smalltownsville service. When I went to the check out line, one of the workers took all the groceries out of my cart and put them on the counter for me. Then, after I checked out, he pushed the cart to my car and loaded them in the trunk. 

Another first was Big's first day of school. So far, he's loving it! I was nervous about him going all day since he only went in the afternoons in the city, but he seems to be adjusting very well. It helps that his teacher is someone I've known my whole life. She attends the church I grew up in and the one my parents still attend. 

Last...




We closed on our new house!

I'll start posting pictures of the inside later. The people we bought it from are moving out tomorrow and Friday morning the carpets are being cleaned. Starting Friday afternoon we'll finally show it to our families and begin some projects. We still won't move in for probably another week. We're not sure exactly when we'll move in because have to wait and see how projects progress.

I can't wait to keep the updates coming! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment