Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Adjusting

His mercies are new every morning...

What truth there is in that. I am feeling better this morning, I'm still adjusting, but I'm not as sad. It was just really hard to come home last night. Ever since I got the call about grandpa it was go, go, go. We planned the funeral fast because people had already taken time off for the 4th and needed to get back to work. So last night on the way home I finally had time to sit and think about what had just happened. Even though I didn't talk to my grandpa every day, it will still be an adjustment. It always was comforting to know that he was there. I knew whenever I went to see my parents that I could stop by grandpa's house. I spent a lot of time at my grandparents' houses growing up. It will just be different not having any grandparents around.

Thanks for all the calls, emails, texts, etc. I know last night my post was probably totally depressing. I didn't mean for it to be. I was just writing what I was feeling. Like I said, today is better and each day will get better. Whenever there is a death of someone close to you there is a period of adjustment, and that is what I'm going through right now.

His mercies are new every morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment