Thursday, July 9, 2009

Blessed

Although all of my grandparents who I am related to by blood are gone, saying that I'm "grandparentless" wasn't exactly accurate. See, I am more blessed then some because I still have four grandparents who I adore and care for me. Hubby's grandparents have been such a blessing. I love them to pieces and am so thankful to have them in my life.

Hubby is close with his grandparents just as I was with mine. There is just a special bond like no other between a grandparent and grandchild. I'm blessed that Munchkin has four grandparents and four great-grandparents to love him and to love in return.

Again, today is a better day than yesterday, but everything still seems unreal. I haven't been out and about much lately - Munchkin and I have mostly been hanging out at home because I don't want to have a bunch of people who don't really know me or who didn't know my grandpa telling me how sorry they are. I don't want to have to tell them "Oh it's ok. It was actually a blessing. Now he is where he wanted to be." I'm sooooo tired of saying that. I've had to say things like that three times in the last two years. I'm done with it. Only those close to me know what I'm feeling. (Not that I'm not grateful people are being considerate and respectful about my loss.)

Munchkin is asleep, the phones are turned off and all is quiet. I'm thankful for the chance to just relax. I'm still recovering from getting very little sleep the past four nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment