Thursday, July 2, 2009

Wagon Ride

Since we haven't been going to the pool this week, Munchkin and I have been spending our time going on lots of walks. Yesterday morning he fell asleep in his stroller during our morning walk. When he was woke up he was really crabby and felt warm. Finally I gave him Tylenol. Two hours later, he threw up. Since he took an early nap I decided to take him on another walk later yesterday afternoon to see if he would sleep again (since he wasn't feeling good and his first nap was short). He did fall asleep, but woke up crabby. He ended up throwing up again right before bedtime last night.

This morning he has been feeling better. A little moody, but hey, so am I. We went outside this morning to play and pull weeds. Afterward I thought we'd go on a walk, but this time I didn't want him falling asleep. I decided I'd pull him in our wagon. Our wagon is one of the good old fashioned kind - none of this seats-with-cupholders nonsense that many of the "newer models" have. Ha! Anyway, I periodly turn around to make sure he's doing ok when I'm giving him a wagon ride. When we were about half a block from home I noticed he had gotten very quiet. When I turn around I saw his head bobbing. I took a closer look and saw that he was asleep!!! I was afraid he was going to fall out so I picked him up. So for the last half block I was carrying a sleeping toddler on my shoulder and pulling an empty wagon! Man, I would have loved to have gotten a picture of that!

2 comments: