Saturday, November 16, 2013

Last Weekend

This is our last weekend in our house. I've realized that for some time now. But just awhile ago, it hit me, and I let it stink in. It is hard to imagine, honestly.

We'll try and take it in and savor it as much as possible. However, there is still much work to be done - like going to scope out paint colors and prioritize our list of what needs to be done at the new house before we move in. Oh yeah, and making decisions on flooring and getting that ordered! We're also still waiting to here what our buyer wants now that inspections are done. Man, it will be nice once this house is officially sold. I'm so grateful the process has gone as quickly as it has, though. We really have been blessed. In addition, we have to make a game plan for when the movers come to pack up all our stuff, and make sure we set aside all the items we don't want them taking.

Right now, the plan is for me and the boys to stay here this week. Also, hopefully this week, we'll close on both houses. The boys and I will head up north to our new stomping ground on Friday after Big gets out of school. Hubby will then join us at my parents's house (he's currently living with his parents). The week of Thanksgiving, the movers will come get all of our stuff and put it in storage while we work on our to-do list at the new place. We more than likely will have to live one more week with my parents as the to do list gets accomplished. And the movers are scheduled to bring our stuff to our new house the end of the first week in December.

Christmas decorating and shopping, Christmas letter writing and card mailing have to fit in somewhere. As well as getting Big all set and ready to go to his new school right after Thanksgiving. I'm getting overwhelmed just thinking of it all. But it will get done, and I know the Christmas things can wait. I'm just not a procrastinator. It just isn't in me. Ask Hubby. It drives him crazy!!!

But like I said, we'll cherish this last weekend in the city. We'll probably eat take-out for almost every meal - a luxury that we'll soon have to give up. And of course, we'll have Batman night tonight. It's our Saturday night tradition, and one that we all love.

We don't have cable, satellite, a dish, etc. We have the good old trusty bunny ears. And on one the antenna TV stations, every Saturday night from 6:00 to 7:00 they show the old Adam West Batman show. As you know, my life is little boys. And as you know, the life of little boys is super heroes. While watching Batman, we have a picnic in the living room. It has become a tradition that we all cherish. I hope we'll be ale to continue this once we move, but we will shall see what's on TV in the area.

For now, I'm off to Lowe's to look at paint colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment