Friday, November 15, 2013

Plights of a Mother - Episode 1

One night, at dinner, as I notice Big making a strange face he says, "There's a piece of carrot stuck in my molar hole."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I'm using the restroom, which is right by our kitchen, Little walks into the kitchen. Since the kitchen is where I usually am, he immediately begins talking to me, assuming I'm there, without even looking. Once he realizes I'm not there, his immediate response is to yell like his life depended on it. Because, you know, Mommy just magically appears when I yell.
Case in point: "Mommy, can you......MuhOOOOOOOOOMMMMYYY!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since my boys are resembling tornadoes more than children this morning, I seriously cannot remember if I ate breakfast. I'm feeling hungry, so I'm assuming not. Bring on the Dr. Pepper, a slice of cold pizza and a granola bar. Breakfast of Champions, baby.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Big: "Mommy, can we play with the tape?"

Me:  "Yes, please! Play with tape. I know that you'll use the entire roll. I know that I'll find it in all sorts of interesting and creative places once you're done. I know you'll put tape all over yourself and your brother. But if it will keep you occupied for longer than five minutes, PLEASE PLAY WITH THE TAAAAAPE!!!"

Ok, maybe that's what I said only in my head. My real answer was a simple, "Yes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment