Sunday, November 10, 2013

Supper was a little salty tonight.

During the last month, I guess you could say I've been on an emotional roller coaster. In fact, I can guarantee that you could say that. Today was one of those emotional days. The next phase in this move began. Hubby went to live with his parents while the boys and I hold the fort down back here. He starts his new job tomorrow and we'll be joining him in a couple of weeks. He left right before supper. I cried. Hence the name of this post.

I suppose it won't be all the different than when he would travel for his previous jobs. Except for the fact that Big is now in Kindergarten and is counting down the days until his last day there. He's a bit sad. And I have literally almost nothing on the schedule because we've said goodbye to almost everyone and have departed from all our involvements. And I'm going to be kicked out of the house with the boys so it can be inspected on Tuesday. And most of the boys' toys have been packed away. Oh, and Hubby is living with his parents. But I'm trying to pretend that this is just a normal business trip. I like normal and keeping things as normal as possible really helps me cope. I hope it works for the boys as well. Tomorrow Big and I are going to make a chain to count down the number of days until we move to be with Hubby.

Side note: Making a chain out of construction paper links is a great way to help kids understand the passing of time. This has helped Big a lot with counting down the days until holidays, trips, visitors, etc. And it keeps me sane because I don't have to constantly hear, "How many days until....?" because he can just count the number of links left on the chain. It not only keeps me sane and helps them understand the passing of time, but is a great way to practice various skills. They can practice counting, subtracting one, cutting, creating patterns out of the colors of paper used, and practice writing their numbers.

Thank you for indulging me. Sometimes the elementary teacher from my former life likes to come out and play. But I digress...

We went to Nebraska Furniture Mart yesterday to begin looking at some flooring. There is so much we want to do to our new house, but we're going to try to pace ourselves. Odds are, this will be our forever house, so we don't have to get it all done right away. Thanks to Pinterest, I felt somewhat prepared.

So what's next on the agenda? Tomorrow our "new" house is being inspected. Tuesday, our current house is being inspected. Hopefully, by sometime next week, we'll be closed on both. Amen that would be heavenly.

Hubby made a video of the boys giving a "tour" of our current home so that we can always remember it. It is about 45 minutes long. Not kidding. It is the cutest thing you've ever seen. I would post it on here, but really, it is too long. You can only imagine what sort of shenanigans goes on with a five and two year old little boy giving the tour.

Well, I'm off to start my Christmas lists. I know, I know. You don't have to tell me. But with the move and crazy schedule we've got coming up, I seriously need to start now. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment