Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Patient Progress

We were pleased with the appraisals and found a Realtor we like. The house went on the market on Halloween and we started showing the house on Friday. It was a rainy, dreary, crazy few days. We worked our tails off. Many thanks to our parents who helped out tremendously and thank you to our sisters for watching the boys.

Prepping for the first showing was the hardest. It was physical, mental and emotional. I didn't think I'd get it all done, and technically, I didn't. But, I did accomplish "good enough" and that is all for which I could hope. I started crying right before the showing. Our Big boy comforted me. He told me I shouldn't be sad because us moving would mean I'd get to live closer to my mom and dad. He was right. I told him I wasn't necessarily sad, just thankful and overwhelmed. This house truly became our home. It was the first home Hubby and I lived in together. It is where we brought each of the boys home from the hospital. There are so many incredible memories here.

But I seem to be over that emotional valley. We accepted an offer for the house on Monday! Isn't the just incredible? Now we just need to get the ball rolling to actually move out of this place.

It appears Hubby and I have decided on the house we want to purchase. So, there is progress, but still an overwhelming amount of unknowns. We need to get our house inspected and finalize negotiations. We need to get our "new" house inspected and finalize negotiations. We need to figure out when to close both houses and figure out the timing. We have a moving company moving us, which we have to schedule three weeks in advance, but we don't know when we want them here. Our buyer wants to close Dec. 5th - which we agreed to - so we know we have to have our stuff out by then. However, the house we want to buy needs some work done. Do we store our stuff for awhile and live with our parents which we work on the house? Oh, and to further complicate things, Hubby has to travel to Michigan for work for two weeks right before Christmas. Heaven help us.

And although I may not be in an emotional valley right now, surprisingly, (Note to self: Don't go back and read the above paragraph) our Big boy is in a bit of a valley. Last night he cried at bedtime about Hubby moving before us to start his new job. Then, he started crying about leaving his school. Breaks this Momma's heart.

We can do this. I know we can. One day at a time. One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment