Monday, November 18, 2013

More Waiting

I'm trying not to get frustrated. Really, I am. But I have to admit that I'm beginning to struggle. Our inspection was Tuesday and we have yet to hear from the guy buying our house. That means we can't move forward with the house we want to buy.

The people who live in the house we want to buy aren't going to move out until things are settled with us. Who can blame them? They aren't at fault at all. In fact, they've been nothing but accommodating. They've even offered to move furniture out of one of the bedrooms so we can start working on that room. The house is old, I think eighty some years, and a few of the rooms still have plaster walls. So, that's one of the first items on our to-do list.

The longer we have to wait on our buyer, the longer it will be before we can finalize on our new house, which in turn, means it will be even later in December before we move in. God's timing is funny, isn't it? I would have never chosen to move in December. Who wants to mess with the holidays? I also would have never chosen to move in the middle of the school year with a child in school. But I've found that God likes to try and freak me out with His timing. Like the time Hubby's mom got cancer when we were planning our wedding. Or the time I didn't get a teaching job until July. Or Big being born in January - I was a teacher at the time, so summer babies we my plan.

Oh and just to spice things up a bit, we're all feeling under the weather. Little's had a cough for weeks now and it just keeps getting worse and worse. We're going to the pediatrician in about 15 minutes. Big started a runny nose yesterday. He has asthma, so any time he gets a runny nose, asthma issues ensue. And I've been feeling a bit under the weather for a week now. Such is life. As my mom always says, "This too shall pass."

I really want to post pictures of our new house, but I can't bring myself to do so until things are finalized. So be on the lookout! Once you see a picture, you'll know things are finally moving. Pun intended!

Since I can't post a picture of our house, I'll leave you with one of the boys. What, you may ask, are they doing? I have no idea. Golly, I love these kids!


No comments:

Post a Comment