Thursday, June 11, 2009

Sisterly Shout Out

I wanted to post this yesterday, but as you could probably tell by the short post with no pics, I wasn't up for posting much. Munchkin was fussy all day with a stomach ache, and I was suffering from a headache. So....

Happy Birthday Sissie!

Here is a picture of my sister (aka Auntie D.) with Munchkin on his 1st birthday.
My sister's birthday was yesterday. No, I won't tell you how old she is, but I will tell you she is older than me! Actually, she is 7 years older than me. So, if you wanted to be really tricky, you could find out how old she is.
Even though there is a seven year difference, I've always been close with my sister. Of course, we've gotten closer the older we get. I remember her first night away from home when she left for college. I cried myself to sleep! No kidding! Yes, we have had our fights through the years, but it was mainly my brother and I ganging up on her.
In some ways we are alike, but I would say in a lot of ways we are different. I've always admired her drive and independence. She truly can do anything she puts her mind to. She's crafty, a great cook, and a giver. And if she has something to give you, she can't wait to give it to you! I just know she'd be giving Christmas gifts before Christmas if we'd let her! She is also an incredible aunt to Munchkin. She loves him as if he were her own child. And he loves her too. He will say her name when we're looking at pictures of her. And when he sees her, he wants to go right to her! But most of all, she has an astounding faith. A faith that has carried her through more than I think I could stand.
I love you sissie! Sorry this was posted a day late. I guess this calls for one more day of celebrating you!

No comments:

Post a Comment