Sunday, June 14, 2009

Weekend

I just noticed that the dates on my last two posts were wrong. I wrote both posts early, so when I posted them, they had the date I wrote them, not the date I posted them. They are now fixed.

Our anniversary weekend has been wonderful. On our actual anniversary we had dinner and a movie, got ice cream at a wonderful local place, and did some shopping. Hubby took the whole day off so it was great!

Yesterday we went to the Scottish Highland Games. They were in the area and my cousin's husband competes in them. The weather was perfect, but Hubby and I did get sunburned. Last night we met our small group for supper at a delicious local Italian restaurant downtown. Then we went to one of their house's and just caught up. It has been awhile since we'e seen each other. The girls sat out on the deck and talked while the boys were in the basement. Then the boys joined us outside. It was a beautiful evening.

Today Hubby and I went to church (my mom spent the night with us last night to babysit) so she stayed home with Munchkin. All four of us were planning on going to church together, but right before we left Munchkin started having a meltdown (what I call a whining/crying fit) so mamaw stayed home with him. We had lunch together, mom hit the road, and we all took a nap. Glorious.

The boys are playing outside right now. I'm inside because my allergies are really bothering me from being outside all day and all night yesterday.

Tomorrow another week begins! Back to the routine.

Oh yeah, and I would like to point out that 5 years ago today I was relaxing on a beach in Hawaii. I think I'll focus on those memories rather than the week that is quickly approaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment