Thursday, August 27, 2009

Stuff

Tomorrow we head up to my parents as all the grandkids are getting together to go through grandpa and grandma's house on Saturday. This will be the first time we've all been together since grandpa passed. This will be the first time ever we're all at grandpa and grandma's house without either of them there. I'm surprisingly feeling fine with it. I'm not exceptionally sad or anxious. I know this will be one of the last times I'll ever be in that house, but it is afterall, just a house.

What I'm most concerned with going into "finalizing" that stage of my life (being someone's granddaughter) is how I'm living my life. Grandpa and grandma were incredible people. I know that might be obvious for me to say as their grandchild, but I truly believe it about them as people, not just grandparents. And I know that people not even related to them would say the same thing, and they have. And I want to be like them. I want to be remembered for my caring spirit, unselfish ways, and unwavering faith.

I am currently facing something that I don't really know how to react to. There have been so many times just within the last week I would have given anything just to talk to grandma. If I could just talk to her and ask her to pray I know I would feel encouraged. But, that's not an option. So I'm doing my best to react the way she would. I'm asking myself how she would respond in the same situation. And I'm trying to make her proud.

I can just picture her and grandpa as they watch with big smiles on their faces as all of us kids go through their house. They'll laugh along with us and fondly remember our time together just as we will be on Saturday. True, I may be walking away with some of their "stuff" after this weekend, but more than that, I hope I walk away carrying on their incredible legacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment