Monday, April 6, 2009

A Moment of Humility


As I share with you a picture of my son putting his books in the dishwasher I have a heavy heart. A new friend in my life has recently been diagnosed with breast cancer - a very aggressive cancer. So aggressive that if they hadn't found it, the doctors told her she would have only had a month to live. She is having surgery on Wednesday and will have chemo and radiation. Please pray for her and her family. She has little girls and a husband. Thankfully she is a Christian and is really relying on her Savior right now - for He is truly all she can count on. I am humbled when I think about being in her shoes. Oh the every day moments I take for granted, just like the one pictured above. What if my future with my husband and son was uncertain? I guess in a sense, it really is anyway. Tomorrow isn't guaranteed for any of us. Oh how I pray I would live more like today was my last. Who knows how many days he/she has left? But at the same time I can rejoice because I know where I'm going after this life is over. Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment