Monday, April 27, 2009

Worship Jam and a love story!!!

Thursday night I went to William Jewell (WJC) to Worship Jam. Now for a little background info: WJC is a baptist college. I wasn't raised baptist and the affiliation is not why I went there. Not that there is anything wrong with baptists. I went to Jewell because that is where I felt God calling me. It is a very small school, which is just what I wanted. It was also not too far from home, but far enough. And, I loved the fact that it was a Christian school. Although I was terribly homesick my first year and really wanted to transfer, I couldn't dismiss God's hand in my being there. Yes, I received a wonderful education at WJC, but more than that, I met some of the best people I have ever known. Here are two of them! :)

This is Jesse and Angie. Angie and I met freshman year at Worship Jam. Every Thursday night Christian Student Ministries (CSM) held/holds a worship service. We worshipped through music and a speaker. It just so happens that Angie and I met at our very first Worship Jam of our freshman year. We walked back to our dorm together. She lived in the basement, and I lived on the second floor. We instantly hit it off and have literally been best friends since.

Our freshman year Angie and I wanted to be a part of CSM and both decided to be on the worship team. This group put on Worship Jam among other things. The worship team leader that year was Jesse (a sophomore at the time). That year Angie developed a huge crush on the boy (understatement of the century! Ha!). Meanwhile my friendship with both of them grew. I heard each of them talking about other relationships, and I listened to them talk about liking each other.

Throughout the rest of our college days I got a front row seat on the rollercoaster known as their relationship! I was there when they started dating. I was there when they weren't sure what to do with their relationship. I was there when their relationship became long distance. I was there when Jesse showed up at my and Hubby's apartment with a ring! I was there when Angie called and said they were engaged. And I was blessed to be there and stand up with them at their wedding.

(Not to mention they have been a big part in my relationship with Hubby. Angie was there when I got engaged, Jesse sang at our wedding, and Angie was a bridesmaid.)

These are two of the most godly people I know. They long to be like Jesus and touch the world with His love. Their friendship has been a blessing in my life. So when Angie emailed me last week and said Jesse was leading worship at Worship Jam, of course I had to go for old time's sake. I was very emotional being back on campus. It was very emotional being back at the same place and doing the same things I was doing when my friendship with them started. There are days I wish I was still in college. I completely took that time of my life for granted. Oh to be young again sitting in the dorm with Angie talking about our boys!....On second thought, it is much better being married to them!!! Maybe college wasn't that great afterall. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment