Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What have we been up to?

I've had a touch of the stomach flu and therefore haven't been up for much time on the computer. We are still here and doin' fine - well, considering the whole stomach thing.

You may be wondering how Munchkin has adapted to the time change. Let's just say it could be worse. The poor kid doesn't know when to sleep. Actually, he's just fighting his naps. Which is fine with me, as long as he actually wants to stay awake. See, he doesn't want to nap, but he wants to nap. Even the ladies in the nursery at MOPS were telling me they could tell he was having a bit of trouble adjusting. But I'm sure he'll get back into the swing of things soon. Well, maybe not too soon. Grandpa and Grandma V. are coming this weekend and he'd much rather play with them than sleep. Who wouldn't? Grandparents are the greatest!

My mom called tonight and I missed her call. We'll both be busy through the weekend, and since we don't know when we'll get to talk again, she told me to pay attention to all the new things Munchkin is doing so I can tell her about it. Considering I'll probably forget something, here are a couple of "new tricks" he's got up his sleeve.

He loves to dip Cheerios and apple chunks in his strawberry yogurt for breakfast.
He is trying (and has been successful a few times) to say "grandpa"
He has learned how to undo his diaper - so I have to get his pants on quick during diaper changes.
He is learning how to open doors as he has started reaching for door handles. Oh dear - more babyproofing.
He makes a galloping motion when riding his rocking horse.

True, these may be pointless things to some, but to others it is the joy of our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment