Friday, February 6, 2009

Cake

A few people have asked me how I felt about Munchkin not eating any of his birthday cake. I'll admit that at first I was a little disappointed. I mean, I had worked hard on the cake and couldn't wait to see him dive right in and cover himself with cake and icing. But then, I was actually glad he didn't want any. I am happy that he isn't automatically drawn to all things sweet. Also, he had just had supper. If he was full, I'm glad he didn't want any more food - even after he saw everyone else eating the cake. And that got me to thinking...why, how and when do we lose that skill? Who can say that they always stop eating once they are full? Or who can say that they don't indulge every now and then when they see everyone else eating? So, all in all, I'm pretty proud of my baby boy. I certainly don't ever want to force food upon him. There truly is only one reason to eat - if you're hungy. I think more of us should listen to our bodies and stop eating when it is time to stop. Believe me, I am preaching to myself people.

No comments:

Post a Comment