Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sweet Relief!

It is thunderstorming here tonight. Crazy. Man I have had some spring fever lately, and so has Munchkin. As it was so warm here today, we got some much needed outside playtime in. Munchkin wore his new baseball cap he got for his birthday from Uncle J. He loves that hat!

For the past month-ish Munchkin has had some pretty major knots on his gums. He has eight teeth and his molars were swollen, but not breaking through. Finally we have three that we are beginning to see! Most of his teeth have come in more than one at a time. The pain is horrific for him with so many teeth coming in at once, but I'm glad it looks like teething will be quicker with multiple teeth coming in at once. But what do I know, I'm just a new mom! :) Oh how many times I have been proven wrong before.
This weekend Munchkin's teeth were bothering him more than they ever have. Even the ladies in the nursery at church told us he was crabby. And if you know anything about Munchkin's behavior in our church nursery, you know that he had to be in some major pain to be crabby with them!
Hubby and I were about at our wits end by Sunday night. Then, after supper that night, as I was changing Muchkin's diaper he was actually happy! So, in an attempt to keep him happy, I got his new diaper on and we just kept playing. I didn't take the time to put his pants back on b/c he was so happy. You can see the joy on his face in the picture above! (Note: He isn't wearing any socks in this picture either b/c he is constantly pulling them off. He loves to go barefoot!)
If you're wondering what exactly he is doing in this picture I'll explain. Those are my legs he is standing next to. Hubby took this picture with his cell phone as Munchkin was laughing up a storm....for no reason. Well, no reason other than he loved the sweet freedom of just a shirt and his diaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment