Sunday, February 15, 2009

Random Ramblings and Birthday Blessings!

A few new discoveries Munchkin has recently made:

How to put a hat on himself!


He loves scrambled eggs and broccoli! Not together mind you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow is my grandpa B's 89th birthday! Happy Birthday Grandpa! We're going up home this weekend to have a birthday lunch with the family on Saturday. It will be so good to have a family dinner. Not everyone will be able to be there, but it will still definitely be worth the trip. I just love our family dinners. We always have amazing food and lots of laughter.
I am so thankful to my grandpa and grandma for passing on this legacy. Family is important. Super important. You need to make time for one another. Keep in touch. I'll never forget my grandma cherishing these family dinners. (She passed away suddenly in August of '07.) Not only did she cherish family dinners, but any time we would stop by her house or talk to her on the phone. She would frequently say, "Now I'm just going to sit here and listen. You go ahead and tell me anything you want." And she would smile, laugh, and just be totally engaged in whatever I was saying. I always felt like the most special person in the world around her. She made everyone feel that way. No one was ever a burden. She was never too busy. How I long to be like her.
I'm sure grandpa is especially going to miss her tomorrow and Saturday. She was such an incredible wife. She loved him unconditionally and selflessly. Good grief she cooked him three square meals a day, every day, and NEVER had a dishwasher a day in her life! Hubby's lucky if he gets one good meal a day.
Grandpa and grandma also did a devotion together every morning. When the grandkids spent the night, if you were awake in time, you were part of the devotion. They taught us that top priority is worshipping God - together and as individuals. I'm convinced that's why they were happily married for 65 years!
So as we celebrate grandpa's 89 years of life, I want to reflect on how he has molded and influenced me. Often I think about what an amazing life I have. When I think about this world, I'm blown away at how easy I have it. I'm thankful that my grandparents have been faithful followers of Christ. My whole family has reaped the blessings of that faithfulness. I pray that I will only use those blessings to bless others.
Happy Birthday Grandpa! I love you! ~Sugarplum

No comments:

Post a Comment