Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Our day

We started the day out by going to the doctor. Munchkin has a cold. (Conley's, if you're reading this, don't blame yourselves. I think he started getting it before you came over. And if it is your fault :) thank you for helping to boost up my son's immune sysytem!) He's been coughing quite a bit while he sleeps and his nose is flowing like a waterfall. Thankfully he hasn't run a fever. Today green stuff started coming out of his nose (not that you wanted to know, but I told you anyway) so I decided to take him to the doctor - just to be safe. It turns out he just has a nasty cold that, according to the doctor, will take him at least a few weeks to get over.

We were supposed to meet a friend for lunch today and got out of the doctor sooner than expected so I drove around for 45 minutes to let Munchkin get a good nap in. He does well napping in the car and since he's sick, I thought I'd give him the time to rest. I enjoyed the peace and quiet, letting the sunshine beam in on me, and simply enjoyed being able to sit.

Lunch was fun. Munchkin made a mess! I felt so embarrassed at how the floor underneath him looked by the time we left. Thankfully we had a really nice waiter who saw Munchkin's MU sippy cup and gave a shout out to the Tigers. Needless to say, he got a good tip!

Right by where we had lunch, there's a Petsmart. Munchkin lllooovvveesss dogs. So we ventured over to look at some puppies. Munchkin loved it and I'm sure that's a trip we'll be taking again.

After we got home, we played outside in the rocks. An older man with his bulldog walked by on the other side of the street. We started talking as he was walking and Munchkin barked at the dog. The man asked if he wanted to pet the dog. As the man was crossing the street to come to our yard he started saying "Be nice Beuford, be nice Beuford." My first thought was how funny the name Beuford the bulldog is. My second thought was, "is Beuford typically not nice? why would you feel the need to tell him that? if he isn't a nice dog, why would you approach my one year old with him?" Thankfully, Beuford was nice, and thankfully Muchkin could have cared less about the dog.

We spent the rest of the afternoon playing, snacking, reading and napping. Now daddy's home and mommy gets a break!

How was your day?
----------------------------------------------------
Hebrews 2:1
This one popped out at me yesterday. Go and read it people. It's a short one, so it won't take long.

No comments:

Post a Comment