Friday, February 19, 2010

2.33

Thanks to everyone who has encouraged me to enter the 5K. I have decided I am going to do it!!! Mark your calendars for Mother's Day, May 9th 2010!

I'll start posting some about the progress I'm making in preparation for the run. Please keep in mind that I have never been a runner. I've never enjoyed running, nor am I a big fan of exercise. Period. But since the beginning of the year I have been doing it anyway. Hopefully a race will keep me motivated to continue being consistent in this new lifestyle.

Tonight I ran 2.33 miles in 38 minutes. I can't believe I just posted that. I feel like I'm totally exposing myself to you people. You can do the math and find out how fast I went, but I'd prefer you didn't ;) Compared to most, I'm slow. But compared to where I was at the beginning of January, I've improved leaps and bounds. I am running at least three days a week. I alternate days with some weight training. I take one day off a week. Tomorrow is my day off for this week.

So, talk about accountability. I've just told the world everything about this. Let me end tonight by saying thank you again for the encouragement. Thank you for not judging me, or laughing at me. (Although technically you could be, and I'd never know about it. But I'll pretend the thought hasn't even crossed your mind.) I promise to keep you updated.

And Uncle David, this does not mean I'll be skiing blacks in April! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment