Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Update....ugh!

Munchkin went back to the doctor today. He was supposed to go today for his 2 year well visit, and since he was sick on Monday we decided to make this visit a follow-up.

We were up a couple of hours in the wee hours of the morning again this morning, but before he appointment, he actually ate some breakfast (only a little, but still) and wanted to play.

I was still glad we were going to the doctor though because yesterday he started sounding like he was going to lose his voice, his nose was a waterfall, and he still had his cough. Thankfully the doctor said that his breathing treatments have been helping and she said that we no longer had to give him the medicine that was making him throw up! Yea!!! However, much to my dismay, today she discovered that Munchkin now has an ear infection. What?! Great (sigh).

So now we are on antibiotics for the ear infection and are continuing his breathing treatments until his cough is gone. His cough is better this afternoon, however there is still a lot of gunk in his nose and late this afternoon his temperature went up to 101.5 (Mom, please don't call me. If he still has a fever in the morning, I will call the doctor. If it gets too bad in the night I will call the nurse help line.)

So your prayers are still much appreciated. We're not out of the woods yet. Also please pray that Hubby and I stay healthy. Having my sleep interrupted four nights in a row is starting to take its toll. We're trying to take care of ourselves, but it is hard for me to take care of myself when my little one is sick.

Tonight I got out for a bit to run to Target, and it felt soooo goood to be out of the house and have some quiet time.

I'll update again sometime tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Target breaks are the best!! So happy to hear you got out of the house for a bit. Hang in there...praying for you all! XO

    ReplyDelete