Saturday, February 20, 2010

Thank you!

Thank you to everyone who has been so encouraging about the 5K. I am officially registered as of 2 seconds ago! With all your support, now I feel even more pressure... I mean now I feel even determined to do my best! :)

I also feel the need to clarify that my 38 minutes yesterday included ten minutes of walking (5 warm-up, 5 cool down). That somehow makes me feel better about the distance I went. Ha!

I've asked several women in my life (friends and family) if they want to participate with me. Please feel free to sign up! Just go to www.MothersDayRun.com for the info. Please let me know if you do. And if you need convincing, just let me know. There are a couple of you that I still plan to approach.

Today I met one of my dearest friends, Angie, for breakfast. It is always such a blessing to see her. We're hoping to make it a once a month thing. She lives in another part of the metro, but it is still close enough that we should be seeing each other more often than we do. Then, Hubby, me and Munchkin met my brother, SIL, and sister on the Plaza for lunch. It was fun being all together.

Tonight I was supposed to get together with my teacher friends, but the weather wouldn't allow it. The roads would have been fine on the way there, but I wasn't confident about them for my drive home. When we gals get together, we can have pretty late nights, so I felt better staying at home. We'll have to get together soon though! My time with my teacher friends is almost therapeutic! :)

What a wonderful day filled with time with family and friends; just what a weekend should be!

2 comments: