Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Cupcake Wars

I just looked at my last post and noticed I wrote it on Sunday. Then I had to ask myself if this was really Tuesday. Whatever happened to Monday, I'll never know.

Anyway, six years ago tonight, Hubby and I were in my hospital room watching the State of the Union Address by George W. Bush. I was in labor. It is somewhat amazing to me that I managed to not miss the State of the Union Address while in no epidural labor (granted I wasn't in active labor yet, but still), but have managed to miss it tonight, because I'm busy making cupcakes for Big to take to school tomorrow for his birthday. My, how my life has changed in six years.

I was actually quite organized and had the cupcakes baked already. And then after supper tonight, Big informed me that I was supposed to provide enough cupcakes for the entire Kindergarten, rather than just his class.

Um, come again?

Praise Jesus there is at least a small Hy-Vee in Smalltownsville, so I was able to run and get another cake mix.

Did I mention I only have one cupcake pan, so I have to keep baking a dozen at a time? Not exactly the most efficient way of doing things. I'm hustling and bustling so fast I feel like I'm on an episode of Cupcake Wars. Thank the good Lord above I'm not being judged by Florian Bellanger.

So here I am, eating a bowl of Lucky Charms for supper while at my computer trying to catch up on some things in between flying cupcake pans. Oh, the Lucky Charms for supper? Well, I simply wanted a night off from cooking. These people seem to think I need to feed them three meals a day! Can you believe it?

Yep, my life has sure changed in the last six years.

For the better.

1 comment:

  1. I've 3 cupcake pans ! you should've called! xo

    ReplyDelete