Saturday, January 25, 2014

Sigh

Have you ever thought about all the different reasons a person sighs? I hadn't really until I was trying to fall asleep last night. Last night, I had lots of reasons to sigh.

First, I had a sigh of relief that Hubby was finally home after being out of town for work all week. Life is just better when he's here. Single parents, I do NOT know how you do it.

Then there was the trying-to-keep-my-cool sigh. Big has been sick and I was losing my patience after attempting to get him to take his medicine and him refusing.

A sigh of relaxation soon followed when my head finally hit the pillow. I love sleep. Especially when Hubby is home and I know he'll get up with kids if needed.

As I was putting Little to bed last night I experienced the sigh of disbelief. How is it possible that he is so grown up already?

I wonder why God created the sigh. Does God sigh? Does He sigh in disappointment when we disobey? Does He sigh in contentment after we repent? Does He sigh at the sheer marvelousness of His creation?

But for now, I'll set aside my wonderings and sigh out of sheer thankfulness for my blessing of the three males in my home that quite frankly, love me more than I deserve.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment