Friday, January 17, 2014

Have Your Way In Me

I had one of those moments today. A moment for which I'd been waiting. I knew it would happen. I couldn't wait for it to happen. And it happened.

Do you ever have a moment when all is right? You know your life is on the right track. You know you're going the direction you're supposed to be traveling?

When we were considering and praying about this move, we felt from the very beginning, this was what God wanted us to do. Sometimes, there's no room for doubt. Sometimes, the choice you need to make is clear as day. Those times are few and far between, but I believe the closer you are to God, the more common that becomes.

While we were still living in the city and I would think about this move and all the work it would be and how uncomfortable it would make us in a lot of ways and how this is not what I would choose for my life, I knew it was right.

One of my favorite songs right now is "Life My Life Up" by Unspoken. As I would be waiting to pick up Big from school in the city, I would turn on the Christian radio station. This song would come up often and it was really my anthem during that time of uncertainty and transition. In a lot of ways, I knew it was God confirming what our decision needed to be.

Well, today, as I was waiting to pick up Big from school in Smalltownsville, the Christian radio station was actually coming in and wouldn't you know, that song was playing. And that was my moment. I knew God would do it, I was just waiting for it. I was sitting there in the car on the other side of the situation and felt completely validated and peaceful that we'd done the right thing.

Enjoy the song.

And support Christian radio. Enough said.
For now.
I could get on a soapbox, but I won't.


Peace, love, and Christian radio. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment