Wednesday, January 15, 2014

On a Roll

We're on a roll here at the old homestead. We're slowing but surely making progress.

The trim is almost all put back on in the dining room.
Walls are being prepped for painting
Measurements have been taken for new flooring
A new front door handle and lock have been purchased, as well as some new lighting and new towel rods New address cards have been sent and the next two days will be spent shopping. Finalizing flooring and paint colors are on the agenda.
Oh, and last, but not least, Hubby can now park in the attached garage as opposed to the unattached.

Oh, and I'm also planning Big's 6th birthday party in the mix. Six! Six? Don't even get me started.

The main flooring guy, the one putting hardwood in our mast bedroom (yes!) can't come until March. Yes, this will make the process a bit longer, but that's ok. I need to get rooms painted before new flooring comes in. This will give me plenty of time.

I hope.

I'll admit, it has been a struggle getting things done with two young humans in the house. They need our time and attention, as well. Actually, they need it more than any house project on our list. So, it is a daily struggle finding that balance.

Other than that, we seem to be getting into a routine once again.

Did I mention Big's going to be six!?!?!

Six. What just happened to my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment