Saturday, May 2, 2009

Done Selling

Overall, the garage sale was a success. I have just one tub and a small box of items left to take to my sister's garage sale in a couple of weeks.

Wondering about our garage door? Well, even if your answer is "no" here is how it got fixed.

Thursday after I had called Hubby to let him know it was broken I continued working on getting things ready for our sale. Randomly a couple hours later, our doorbell rang. There was a man standing at our door with his pickup truck parked in front of our house. On the door of he pickup was the name of his garage door repair service. I looked at him and he proceeded to tell me that he had just been down the street repairing someone's garage door. He was driving by and noticed ours was broken. He asked if I wanted him to fix it. Ok, was this a God thing or what? First, what are the odds of your garage door breaking the day before you have a garage sale. Furthermore, what are the odds that a garage door repairman happens to be in your neighborhood that afternoon to fix it. I called Hubby to tell him about the angel that just rang our doorbell. He was on his way home and told me to ask the guy to wait. Thankfully, he did and less than an hour later, we had a working garage door. Praise God!

Now if only we would have made enough money in our garage sale to pay for the repair! Ha! Doesn't God have a great sense of humor?

-----------------------------------------------------

Sidenote: Please pray for Munchkin. This week he has developed some sort of rash. It has started to spread all over his body. Thankfully it doesn't seem to bother him, but it makes me nervous. We have his 15 month checkup on Monday so I'll be able to ask the doctor about it then. Please pray for wisdom for the doctor. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment