Friday, May 8, 2009

A Friday Find!

I found a new activity to do with Munchkin! Today we went to Debbie Howard's Gym. It is a gym where kids can learn gymnastics. Every so often they have an open gym for little kids. Today was one of those open gyms. It was so much fun! Munchkin loved having the room to run and being around the other kids. It also gave us more practice with sharing!

I do have to tell one story. The gym has a trampoline (sp?) along one whole wall that is about shoulder height that leads into a foam cube pit. I knew Munchkin wouldn't be able to get out of the foam pit so I made him stop every time he got to that point. One time he fell in! Thankfully it was foam, and he didn't get hurt. However, like I said, it is about shoulder height so I couldn't just lean over and get him out. I tried and tried to get him to come over to me. He tried and tried to, but eventually started crying because the foam pit was like being in a sand pit. It was hopeless. What was a mom to do?

That's right, I jumped in. (sigh) I made it over to him but couldn't get out of the pit carrying him (again, like a sand pit). Thankfully another mom came over to help. She took Munchkin so I could get out. She put Munchkin on the floor, and since the pit was shoulder height, he couldn't see me and started screaming. The nice lady picked him up so he could see his struggling momma. I finally made it out of the pit and embraced my frightened son.

Needless to say, I don't think we'll play in that area of the gym the next time we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment