Sunday, May 10, 2009

Ok, maybe not NOTHING

I know I wasn't planning on posting today, but I've been having such a wonderful day, I just wanted to share it with you all.

This morning Munchkin slept in, which allowed me to sleep in, and Hubby to make breakfast! The muffins were delicious and a wonderful treat this morning.

Besides having breakfast made for me, I also got my card at breakfast. For every occasion for which I would get a card, Hubby makes one for me with a picture of Munchkin or of him and Munchkin on it. I cherish these so much more than store-bought cards because I know Hubby took time to make them. Anyway, I thought I would show you the picture on my card from last year and today - just so you can see how much Munchkin has changed in the past year.

This was the picture on my Mother's Day card last year. Munchkin was just starting to hold his head up really well and get his arms underneath himself. Just look at that face. I just want to smother it with kisses! Oh! And the chubbiness around his wrists. What deliciousness.

And this was the picture on my Mother's Day card this morning. No more baby - total and complete little boy! Yes, I still want to smother that face with kisses, but his baby look is slowly deteriorating. :( Oh, and do you like his shirt? It says "Don't mess with Texas" - it was a gift from one of Aunt N.'s trips to the Lonestar state.

And I also wanted to share with you my Mother's Day bouquet. It may not look like much, but I adore it. The pink carnation I got at church this morning. The peony and rose are from our own flower bushes that blossomed just in time for my special day.
So that's my day so far. Hubby has done more for me and has given me a few more gifts, but that is a sampling of my day. Yes, I am married to the most wonderful man in the world - if you only knew how wonderful. But I didn't ask him if I could post about everything I have gotten today, so for now, this is enough to share.
Regardless if you're a mom or not, I hope you all are feeling blessed today.


No comments:

Post a Comment